Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Lonely Spectral Tree

The original image- 
it started off a lil blurry. But this lonely little tree just always spoke to me...

I knew I wanted to to do something with this... 
so I started fooling around.

You can still see the bottom of the tree trunk.. 
four times and the tree top twice.  Look closely.

I use many methods in creating these pieces-
often times I change the orientation and dimensions of the piece repeatedly throughout the development.  I use a similar method when painting- I rotate the canvas repeatedly and don't definite a bottom/top until the very end.

The 'spectral anomaly' begins to appear...
(I have to other term to describe what this little dot turns into- and I was raised on StarTrek- thus it became a 'spectral anomaly')...

Another dimensional shift...
and technicolor clouds moving in from all directions.  It's easier to repeat things and achieve symmetrical changes using a square format, regardless if it intend to end with a rectangular or square outcome.

Workin' the dot...
and other subtle changes.

The anomaly... 
erupting.  The orange-ish hue is actually a shade of the negative hue to the original blue.

Finally-

 Spectral Enigma by Kristin Sharpe
Spectral Enigma …
Button_view_buy

Prints, stickers and t-shirts available at and (once again) thank you too- Buy my art

No comments:

Post a Comment