Friday, April 5, 2013

Making Eruptions!

This piece began with a photograph I took on an iPhone while on vacation in North Carolina. This is a view from lower Mount Mitchell.


My first impulse was to to add a little contrasting color...


Then I wanted to add some real contrast to the foliage...


Then I wanted to hide the landscape, so to speak...


What is that? Does it look familiar?



(If not look up.) Of course there's a little transparency thrown in.

Next came...


With a couple of these added...


What are those? Where did they come from??? Look close.


Do you see it? Hope you like the arrow, I tried to make it interesting.

So what did I do next? Well it gets a bit complex...

First I rotated the image 180 degrees. I brought out some of the darker tones by putting this layer beneath the green layer...


And then I put a blue-er layer on top of all of that (except the grassy layer on the edge shown in parts above- I kept that layer separate and kept it floating on top). Here's the blue-er layer...




And then I added...



They should look familiar; they are the same black and white grass shapes with the color adjusted in the maroon direction.

All of that went together to create...


Next I rotated the image 90 degrees to the right and overlaid this layer over it (semi-transparent)...


To get...


Now that's starting to look pretty interesting now.  What next? Just adjusting the dimensions.... getting ready for some fun...


Well here's were I really got into it and forgot to save the layers for a bit... I apologize. But eventually I ended up with this...


Multiple layers are involved. I took a moment to try and recreate it... but I can't remember and if I get to into figuring it out I'll end up not finishing this post... so....

Then I enhanced some of the neater parts...


Then I cropped it... the foliage at the bottom is very interesting, but way to frame-ey. So it had to be gone...

When I saved the cropped image I managed to uncover some shreds of the layers used to create the previous image. Here they are from bottom to top...





Together they look like...


So all of that put together make...


Then I added...


To make...


From that it was just a couple steps to get to the final product...

 title by Kristin Sharpe
Button_view_buy

Available in prints...

 title by Kristin Sharpe
  Button_view_buy

Clothing...

 title by Kristin Sharpe
  Button_view_buy


 title by Kristin Sharpe
Button_view_buy


 title by Kristin Sharpe
  Button_view_buy

Available in iPod, iPhone, and iPad cases...

 title by Kristin Sharpe
Button_view_buy

 title by Kristin Sharpe
Button_view_buy

And don't forget stickers!!!

 title by Kristin Sharpe
Button_view_buy

No comments:

Post a Comment